Hantana Estate and the Tea Museum
The Museum which is located in Hantane three miles from Kandy city, in the central region of Sri Lanka. The Hantane Tea factory built in 1925 converted as the museum. The factory building consists of four floors.
The ground accommodate heavy machinery; the first floor occupies some examples in the withering process. Library and the Audio-visual presentations in the second floor whilst the sales outlets are found in the third floor. The fourth floor is to be converted to a deluxe restaurant.
It traces the 130-years history of the first tea plant brought to Sri Lanka by the English Gentleman, James Tylor. Tea Museum is a joint project by the Sri Lanka Tea Board and the Planters' Association of Sri Lanka.